Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Year of Possibilty

One of my best friends has dubbed 2015 as the year of Possibilty.  I have to admit, it sounds more realistic and hopeful then the cliche "this will be the best year ever" and so on.  Neither of us have had a great year, or even a good year.  In fact, I have so many I could list that are happy to say goodbye to 2014.  The year of surviving.  The year of digging deep.  The year of perseverance.  Or maybe just the year of utter reflection, a mirror staring back showing you all the changes you need to make so you can enter a new year with new purpose.

All of the above.

2015 is not without its pre-requisit heartache, most likely carry over from 2014, but undoubtedly something new, raw will unfold.  Yet, 2015 gives us reason to hope.  Reason to believe.  Reason to push onward with anticipation, speaking life and breathing clean air into our dreams, our possibilities.

Today, the first day of the year, was already an emotional roller coaster.  However, the older I get, the more I understand the concept of perspective and attitude.  Today sucked.  Period.  But the light in Emma's eyes.  The sun peeking through the clouds, the ability to drop all my preconceived plans and expectations for the day and do something spontaneous with my daughter....all these things speak volumes louder than the static in my head and heart.  All these things make 2015 a year of possibility.  A year for change.  A year for breathing life into all that I do and say.  A year of continued healing and renewed hope.  A year of discovering and redefining.

Farewell 2014.  You will not be forgotten (even if I wanted to).  Hello 2015....please be kind.  And if you're not, then I will continue to persevere.  The good years are still to come.

Happy New Year!  May it bring you health, hope, and happiness.


**blogged from iPhone, please excuse typos.**


No comments:

Post a Comment