Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Who I am.

It never really goes away.
 
I am not a walking, talking, always depressed woman. 
 
I do not want you to avoid this topic, these conversations, or his name for fear of hurting me. 
 
The truth: I'm always hurting. 
 
My heart is always torn between two worlds. 
 
My grief still goes through seasons, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring. 
 
Some days it's easier, some days it's not. 
 
I can be happy. I am happy. 
 
But today...
 
Right now...
 
I'm struggling underneath it all. 
 
Some times I wish we all were a little more honest and open about this stuff...
 
Maybe then, those who grieve, would feel :
 
less alone...
less like an outsider....
less like they need to "move on." 
 
There is no moving on. There is only moving forward...with the grief. 
 
A parallel life, a paradox.
 
 
"I am a bereaved mother, a grieving quasi-supermom; I straddle time and space."
Angela Miller, Still Standing Magazine
 
To read the post this came from & to understand 'who I am now', click the link below.  She writes it so perfectly, so beautifully.
"Let Me Tell You Who I Am Now"

No comments:

Post a Comment