Monday, June 16, 2014

Misty Mondays

I find that I blog a lot about how I feel, but usually it's in relation to motherhood, grief, or the two combined.  I rarely blog...just me.  So I'm going to use this Monday and insert a little of the Misty Life.

What I'm listening to right now:

Am I wrong by Nico & Vinz

 My current jam.  I love the beat, the flow of the music, and the words.
They're empowering.
Catching.  Inspiring.

"Am I wrong for thinking we can be something for real?  Am I wrong for trying to reach the things I can't see?...That's just how I feel...."

Some days I think this could be my anthem.  Listen and try NOT to bounce to the beat.  I dare you.


What I'm doing:

Momtographie.  Studying.  Experimenting.  It's overwhelming, but I'm only on day 1 of week 2.  I need to chew on the information.  Play with it.  Explore it.  Read it again.  *lather, rinse, repeat*  I'll get it.  I have to.  I want to.



Working.  8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  Unlike a lot of people I actually enjoy my job.  I'm an Executive Assistant to the Managing Director.  My work is challenging, but not difficult.  My title is respected.  My role is respected.  I feel valued by what I do and the people I help.  I'm pursuing other opportunities, including more education and possible certifications, as well as potential promotions.

Party Planning.  Oh yeah, have I mentioned that Emma will be TWO.YEARS.OLD on Wednesday.  *WHAT*  How did that happen??  Where has time gone?  The party.  Bubbles & Brunch.  I've had no real time to dedicate to planning and/or crafting for this event.  I have 5 days.  Time to kick it in to high gear and get things done.  It'll be low key, and less spectacular than I had hoped (or dreamed up in my sleep!); but it will be unique to Emma and the things that she loves.  That's all that matters, right!?!



Exploring.  Not only did I sign up and start the Momtographie class, I'm also exploring other opportunities for my role and possibilities in Logan's Hope and our local NICU. I had the privilege of shadowing the founder of a photography based charity in the local NICU's in North Carolina.  (A separate post coming soon on that subject!).  Let's just say, it was overwhelmingly awesome.  To witness the work they do and do dream up the possibility of infusing something like that into Logan's Hope.  Wow.  Just wow.

Next:

Time for a music break!!  I'm just letting YouTube play and this came on next.  FUN!  If you need to release the grumpy gills from your soggy Monday, turn this up.



What Else:

Beachin. Tanning.  Playing.

Mommy-ing.

Wife-ing.

Therapy.  Counseling has seriously opened so many doors for me.  I'm not only working through my grief, my insecurities, my fears, my anxieties.  I'm opening myself up, letting the caged bird free, discovering the woman I was always meant to be.

Blogging.  Or at least trying to keep up with it!

Becoming me. The me I should be.

Running.  (I need to do a lot more!  I've got 10lbs to lose)

Things I want to do:

Make a bucket list.  Sounds easy, but how many people really know "what they want to do" off the top of their head!

Save money.

Upgrade my car to an SUV.

Paint my finger nails more often.

Grow my hair out.  I miss long hair.

Dance more often.  Emma and I had a dance party in the car on the way home.  Why?  Because Maroon 5 was on!!!  And Monday was just about over!  The question is, WHY NOT!?!

Acquire new camera gear.  A new lense.  Flash.  Back up battery.

Travel.  But to where?  Europe.  England.  Greece.  Japan.  Colorado.  Maine.....

This list could keep going!

One last song:

(The song Emma and I jammed out to on the way home)


I hope you enjoy getting to know me just as much as I like getting to know myself :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment