Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Logan's Hope - From Heartache to Hope!

There are few things in this life that allow me to feel close to my son as he soars in a different world beyond this one.  March of Dimes, the NICU, and our Logan's Hope team are a few of those things...

The March of Dimes, March for Babies walk is just around the corner.  My daddy, momma, sisters, and their friends will be walking in North Carolina this Saturday.  Myself, Ryan, and our friends and family will be walking here in Florida next Saturday.  We've been raising money for a few months now and I'm glad to tell you that we have exceeded our goal.  It was a small goal, an attainable goal, but exceeding that goal - and our funds raised for pervious years - brings my heart joy! 

We have one last fundraiser in the works, and this one I'm proud of.  It hasn't done exceptional so far, but we also haven't truly had the time to nurture and present this project/fundraiser in the light that it should have.  My amazing sister-in-law and Logan's and Emma's aunt, Stephany, partnered with Freshline to create this beautiful, custom Inspirational Tracking Sheet.  This tracking sheet will be donated along with a Baby Safe Ink pad to our local NICU to be given to preemie families for them to see and preserve their babies growth with handprints and footprints.  We are asking for $5.00 donations, and for each donation we will donate 1 set to the local NICU where Logan stayed or to the local NICU in North Carolina where Logan's pawpaw works.  Our goals is to not only raise funds to support the March of Dimes research, but more importantly to touch lives and bring hope to families in our own community. 


$5.00 Donation
Gift to NICU includes:
1 Inspirational Tracking Sheet & 1 Baby Safe Ink pad

Donations can be made to www.marchforbabies.org/LMTstephany88

Some of our darkest, most uncertain days were spent in the NICU next to Logan's side.  The gifts, the cards, the texts...those things were sometimes the only thing keeping our hope alive and keeping our spirits calm.  The smallest gesture can bring the most comfort.  I love the March of Dimes cause.  Without their research our rainbow baby, Emma, may not have made it here healthy and as close to full term as she did.  I treasure even more the angel nurses of the NICU and I hold the parents and babies that must spend their days and nights there, regardless of length of stay, very dear to my heart.  I only had an eleven day taste of the NICU, but I can tell you, it is not a fun place to be.  It is a place filled with fear, anxiety, heart wrenching decisions, beeps and clicks that haunt your dreams, moments of holding your breath, and tears...more tears than you can ever imagine.  Sure, there are smiles, and when the babies are big enough there are cuddles, there are milestones to celebrate, but those moments are always on the heels of "what's next" or "when is will we take our baby home?"

This year Logan's Hope has a new logo, a new face if you will.  We have new slogan to match.  We are excited to share our Logan's hope with the world and to celebrate his baby sister, Emma.



Thank you, dear friends and family, for your undying support, love, and encouragement.  I want Logan to be proud of me.  I want Logan to know that he is loved beyond measure.  I want to remember him, celebrate him, share who he was and who he still is.  I want his life, and our love, to be a light of hope for others who will travel a similar journey.  From the bottom of my heart....Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment