It's been a rough couple of weeks...This morning was stressful and heartbreaking as I left for work, Emma crying in Ryan's arms. When I got to work, still trying to gather my racing thoughts and high-strung emotions, I opened my door to find this -- a penny, just outside my car door, and heads up! My Logan was thinking of me...I smiled. In an instant I knew that everything was going to be ok. Today could still be a good day. Emma would be fine. I would be fine. Logan knows his mother's heart.
Shortly after Logan died I found this poem in one of my searches for something that would lift my spirits. The same day I read this poem I found a penny on the ground, heads up, just outside my car door. What are the odds!? Sure, it's a little supersticious, but I believe in angels. I held one in my arms. After that time it seemed I only found pennies when I needed them most. I can go days, weeks, months without finding a penny. On those days when I'm at my lowest, stressed out, sad, or just missing Logan I'll find a random penny, always in my direct path. And if, per chance, I find a penny on tails any other time, I turn it over to heads with the hope that someone else might think need a "penny from heaven." These pennies might be coincidence; but to me, they're angel kisses from my Logan. Today, Logan kissed me. Logan told me he was alright. I needed that...more than anyone could ever know.
:: Thank you, baby boy, for your heavenly pennies and kisses. I miss you with all my heart. Thank you for watching over me, your daddy, and most of all your baby sister. She wore her "little sister" onesie yesterday and I told her all about you. I'm sure she knows more about you than I do...Sending all my love into the wind and hoping it carries it to you. I love you, darling. Always and forever your mother I'll be. ::
Pennies From Heaven
I found a penny today
just laying on the ground,
But it's not just a penny
this little coin I've found,
just laying on the ground,
But it's not just a penny
this little coin I've found,
Do pennies come from heaven
that's what my Grandpa told me,
He said Angels toss them down
oh, how I loved that story,
that's what my Grandpa told me,
He said Angels toss them down
oh, how I loved that story,
He said when an Angel misses you
they toss a penny down,
Sometimes just to cheer you up
make a smile out of your frown,
they toss a penny down,
Sometimes just to cheer you up
make a smile out of your frown,
So don't pass by that penny
when you're feeling blue,
It may be a penny from heaven
that an Angel's tossed to you.
when you're feeling blue,
It may be a penny from heaven
that an Angel's tossed to you.
Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment