
This week I'm linking up to the Tuesday 10 - Stranded on deserted islanded, what would I take? This is the pregnancy addition...and for theory sake (because I don't want to give birth to my baby on a deserted island), we'll say it is a limited "stranded" time....um, 30 days? Maybe shorter. How hot is this island??? lol.
1. My husband. He's good with his hands and doesn't mind getting dirty. He'd be creative with his resources, he'd pamper me since I'm carrying his daughter, and he likes to hunt and fish! Score, we'd have food and I wouldn't have to hunt for it myself.
2. Filtered water bottles. I can not afford, nor do I want to get dehydrated and lately, with these pregnancy taste buds, I'm very picky about my water. I don't like it from the tap, and I can't guarantee itwill rain enough for me.

3. Hunting gear (yes, this is collective) -- bow/arrows, rifle w/ bullets, and hunting pack. Hubby will need this for both recreation and for food! The hunting pack already includes misc. rope, tools, knives, matches, ect. (Cheating? Not really, it's a "pack" - one thing with collective things included!)

4. A Tent with an inflattable bed included and a hand held pump ( I think my "collective items" are getting out of hand! lol) I'm not sure this pregnant woman can sleep on the ground. Sleeping is uncomfortable as it is!
5. Sun dresses! I live in these things! They're great for a "breezy" cooler outfit as well as for comfort in the growing waist (and bust) line. A bathing suit isn't necessary since I'll look 'large and in charge' in whatever I wear. Plus, it's just me and the hubby stranded, right!?! Who's down for some skinny dipping (or Chunky Dunking in my case!?!)
6. My Snoogle! I CANNOT sleep without this thing.
7. Manicure set! Now I'm not usually all about high maintenance manicures, but I just noticed my nail is cracking on the edge and it's snagging on everything! Now that I'm pregnant my nails grow like weeds...literally, and I cannot stand dirty, chipped, or snagged nails. It's just annoying!
8. Food! I'm really hoping there is fruit trees on this island. I can live off of bananas, coconuts, and maybe some berries with a side of fish and whatever game hubby catches. But I need my carbs too - so I'll opt for some pretzles, Cheese Its (my current favorite), some bread, peanut butter, and jelly. Of course, I'd include graham crackers and marshmallows since we'll have a fire; but I'll leave the chocolate at home because it's destined to melt anyhow.
9. A waterproof bag full of books, my journal, and my camera (again, it's a backpack - 1 item, full of lots of other collective items!). My books of choice - One Day & The Hunger Games Trilogy. I just finished reading The Hunger Games, but I flew through them! I'd love a redo where I can take my time and absorb every word, indulging in some imagination additives.
10. Toiletries - by this I mean some toilet paper (or wipes, those might be refreshing!), shampoo (I HATE greasy hair), and my razor (I CANNOT stand hairy or stubbly legs -- and at this point, I can still see just far enough around my belly to get all the bits I need!).
And there you have it! I didn't opt for underwear, bra, or even shoes since I figure I'm coming with those items already on me and I can just handwash my underwear and bra (when I take that "skinny dip" I mentioned before!).
What would you take with you???
Happy Tuesday!

Haha! Great list!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up!