Emma. All I can say is "wow." That little girl is an ever changing wonder. She's magnificent. He's smart, witty, charming. She's verbal. Man, is she verbal! I cannot count the number of words she can say. My current favorites are:
- Zeebah aka Zebra
- Es-a-fant aka Elephant
- Din-o-sore "rah" aka Dinasaur "Rawr" (which is quite possibly the sweetest "rawr" you've ever heard)
- Ba-nana aka Banana (she emphasis the "ba" because she said muh-nana for the longest time but Ryan taught her to say "ba-nana" this week)
- Butterbye aka Butterfly
I truly wish I could tell you all the incredible things she's doing. There's just so much to keep track of and so much I'm terrified to miss out on! She's a very sweet little girl. She adores her babies (all 8 or so of them) and her newest discovery, Tehee Bears. She has to have atleast 1 or 2 babies and her teddy bear accompany her everywhere. She wants to change their diapers, share her water from her sippee, and include them at every snack. I often catch her having private conversations with them, whispering, giggling, and asking them questions "Baby wanna swing?...Baby neeh diaper change?...Baby wanna sit on couch...watch cartoons?" She's maternal by nature. In that aspect she's me in every way. But boy, oh boy, is she independent and strong willed! "No, I do it, momma...Stop it, Emma do it." I hear this at least 1 bazillion times a day. I've learned to let her figure it out on her own and offer "I'm here if you need help." She usually tries a few times then say "Help, pwease" which melts my heart. Her big round eyes sparkle and twinkle with everything she does. And her laugh and smile could melt even the hardest of hearts. Just ask her daddy!
Daddy and Emma have a new found love for one another as well. They've always been sweet on each other but there's something special, something magical about that moment when they finally just click. It's no longer "momma" 24/7, and in fact, I've gotten the occasional "no momma, daddy do it!" She has a new nightly ritual of crawling up on the couch and cuddling with Ryan while they watch her last 15-20 minutes of cartoons and she eats her bedtime snack. Ryan comes across as a hard man sometimes but when that girl is near he's butter on warm toast. They're two peas in a pod and when they're laying with each other it's like seeing his mini me with bouncy blond curls. I love watching them play and laugh together. Every morning when she wakes up, and after checking all her babies are present, her next question is always "Where's the daddy?" He's usually at the gym, which I always explain, and she'll repeat my answer like a perfect little parrot. As soon as Ryan returns she exclaims his arrival with excitement and runs up to wrap her arms round his neck. In those moments life is perfect. My world is perfect.
These last 3 months have been a blur. I'll be honest, I've been in a funk. I've carried a black cloud over my head, or rather, it's followed me against my will. I'm trying to find a running routine again. I'm working on clean eating again and balancing my world load and home life a little better. My emotions have been so fleeting and unpredictable and I loathe that more than anything. I feel more unstable and less in control and god knows I hate not being in control of my own person! I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Things are good with me and Ryan and he's been a huge help and support these last few weeks. Our next big trip is our anniversary get away to the west coast where we took our honeymoon. I'm excited to both have some alone time with him and to visit the beach. The salty breeze and lapping waves always brings me a peace like no other!
We took Emma to Magic Kingdom, Disney for the first time on Easter. It was a great weekend and a great day. This picture pretty much sums up my life right now, and although things aren't perfect, we are happy. We are moving forward. We are enjoying every moment with our munchkin and trying to have more stolen moments with each passing day.



No comments:
Post a Comment