Thursday, March 29, 2012

~*~ NESTING ~*~



My nesting "instinct" has gone into overdrive!  I've been in the mood to organize since the pee stick dried with 2 pink lines, but I didn't have the energy the first few months.  I still struggle between the fine line of exhaustion and bursts of energy, but trust me, I use those few short bursts of energy to their fullest!  If Ryan hasn't already gone crazy from my excessive organization, he soon will.  I have 3 months to not only whip my house into shape, but also to *train* him how to keep it that way (probably easier said than done! lol).  I'm a lucky girl though because he really does seem to appreciate my efforts, and most importantly, he sees and appreciates the results -- a clean house, quick access & easy to find objects, and getting rid of the clutter and junk we don't need.

I found this on another website...let's see how accurate it is so far (see bold for projects started or copmleted)

Nesting During Pregnancy – What are the Activities?

Nesting During Pregnancy
Here are some of the activities that a woman performs during pregnancy:
  • Disinfecting the kitchen and the other rooms.
  • Washing, ironing, sorting, and folding baby’s clothes continuously. (on the to-do list)
  • Discarding the towels and sheets and bringing the new ones.
  • Repacking the packed labor bag. (on the to-do list)
  • Purchasing new clothes.
  • Reorganizing the things in the cupboard. (a few closets to go, but I've started!!!)
  • Cleaning and washing the car. (Ryan's Job - but it's on the agenda!)
  • Decorating and preparing the baby nursery.
  • Stocking the kitchen with foodstuffs, even when the stock is full.
  • Cleaning the kitchen cabinets.
  • Rearranging the wardrobes neatly again and again.
  • Rearranging the furniture.
  • Throwing the unwanted stuff from the closets.
  • Scrubbing every nook and corner on the floor. (MUST DO!!!)
  • Mopping the floor several times a day.
  • Cleaning the bathtubs and toilet.
Yep, I'd say they were pretty accurate.  Although, their list is much more condensed than mine since they categorized.  I'm a girl of many lists -- list that don't make sense, lists of organized chaos, lists that I hope and wish to accomplish, store list, to-do lists, lists for mental reference, and lists that will probably never again be reviewed once written -- nevertheless, I LOVE LISTS!!!  Here's a few:

Nursery Projects:
 - Finish painting cherry blossom tree/flowers
 - DIY crib skirt
 - Re arrange furniture
 - Create ADORABLE headbands (baby girl must have LOTS)
 - Paint/decorate/hang wall letters (choose her name first!)
 - Sweep/mop floors 100x
 - Wash all baby clothes (after baby shower)
 - Make a list of must have items we don't yet have
 - Pack hospital bag
 - Make name frame for door (again, choose her name first)
 - Install ceiling fan (Ryan's project)
 - Fill in "gaps" with misc. decorations

Get Organized:
 * Laundry Room
    - Laundry hampers (with labels) for sorting (Already started!  GO ME!)
    - Baskets (to hide paint supplies/misc tools/laundry detergents)
    - Plastic bag organizer (Check!  Thank you IKEA for your fabulous design and cheap prices)
    - Discard (or yard sale) ugly old lamps and other what nots
    - Sweep/mop/clean top to bottom
 * Kitchen
    - Organize pantry (this needs lots of work)
    - reorganize drawers & cabinets (Started, but needs a little more tweaking)
    - Organize/clean out BOTH junk drawers
    - Find wall art
    - Clean kitchen windows (CHECK!  Ryan and I did this last weekend.  It's amazing how much   sunlight comes in now)
    - Clean out freezer
 * Bathrooms
    - Find shelving units
    - Baskets for organizing
    - Storage for toilet paper, ect.
    - Wash shower curtains
    - Master bath - finishing tiling, hang shower curtain, clean bathtub
 * Guest Bedroom
    - Wash sheets/blankets & make bed
    - Move Shelving unit into room
    - Clean windows/blinds
    - New light on ceiling fan
    - Organize storage closet
    - Put tv stand and tv (hook up cable) in the room
 * Living Room/Dining Room
    - Clean all windows/sliding glass door windows
    - Clean blinds
    - Hang more family pictures
    - Organize desk/craft supplies
 * ALL OVER
    - Fill holes in walls
    - touch up paint (throughout whole house)
    - clean vents/change filters

WHEW!  I'm sure the list could (or might be) longer { I have an entire "Pregnancy Planner" binder with everything organized, tons of lists, and how to's for special cleaning and organizing projects - Thank you, Pinterest and Organizing Made Fun.  Silly?  Yes.  But let me tell you, with my pregnancy brain, I'd forget everything listed above that I really want done!}.  There are also plans to re-arrange and improve the back yard, but Ryan will be tackling that project.  Of course, there is always the garage - but that is the man-zone and I refuse to go in there.  Well, truthfully, Ryan won't let me go in there, lol.  It's his mess to clean up and he draws the line there.

Think I have enough to keep my occupied for 3 months???  I'm sure a few of you are wondering when/if I'm going to be resting since I'm *supposed* to be "taking it easy."  Believe me when I say, I barely have enough energy mustard to fulfill one or two of these projects at a time.  I solemnly swear (cross my heart, girl scout's honor), that I will tick these things off my list 1 or 2 at a time keeping myself to a strict *work on a project for a little bit * rest * work on another project * rest * policy.  Ryan often reminds scolds me to take it easy.

*sigh* I have alot of projects ahead of me.  {{And I wonder why my baby girl is always so active! Her momma can't sit still!!!!}} 

**CONFESSION** Seeing the projects on a list can be overwhelming....but once I've completed something, I have such a sense of satisfaction that the *resting* part comes easily.  It's a great feeling.

Let the NESTING GAMES continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment